Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
An on-site teaching position is now available for one of our corporate clients.
We are seeking qualified applicants possessing current knowledge and/or teaching experience in the topic of cloud computing, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our client is seeking an instructor who can help them understand what AWS does, what the future is for cloud computing and how to integrate and transition from an embedded systems ecosystem to a cloud-based one.
Specific Instructor Duties:
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education (DCE) Program Director as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Director as needed
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabi; posting bio and photo on the UCI DCE website; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
We constantly update and tailor our curriculum to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices to remain competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which students can utilize immediately in their work environments.
We are looking specifically for potential instructors who are qualified to teach Amazon Web Services as early as end of June 2018.
Detailed course descriptions are as follows:
The primary objective of this course is to provide the techniques and practices of cloud computing. Cloud computing refers to a set of services that provide companies and application developers with the means to scale their application’s resource usage through the Internet on demand. This course will concentrate on building applications on Amazon Web Services. This course will also teach the students the knowledge of designing and implementing cloud-based software systems. In addition, this course will explore the current challenges facing cloud computing.
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04652
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
The Corporate Education Department is a leader in employee development and education, locally and across the globe. We deliver educational courses and programs on-site and online to our clients; developed around the unique industry and needs of each organization. Our students are in full time working positions and seek additional education that will enable them to update their skills, support a new company initiative, or prepare for industry certifications or exams. We are seeking world-class instructors who are experts in their fields, with extensive hands-on experience as business professionals and community leaders. We accept applications to teach on a rolling basis throughout the year to both fill immediate program needs, and to increase the depth of the instructor pool for future needs.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information