Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UC Irvine School of Education seeks applicants for temporary, part-time lecturer positions in 2018-2019 to teach courses in the Education Science undergraduate degree program. Generally, part-time lecturer positions are offered for one quarter at a time and at varying percentages of time, depending on the number and nature of courses assigned. Courses are typically pre-scheduled for either 80 minutes on Tuesday/Thursdays or for 50 minutes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Some courses are offered online; other courses are pre-scheduled for one evening per week.
Openings may include but are not limited to the following course topics:
• Developing literacies in the elementary classroom
• Multicultural education, equity, and diversity in K-12 schools
• Historical, social and political role of K-12 education in the U.S., including, but not limited to current issues in high schools and/or K-12 overall
• Early childhood development with an emphasis on schools, families and communities
• Afterschool programs
Service Period Dates for 2018-2019:
Fall Quarter: 9/24/18 – 12/14/18 (Instruction begins on 9/27)
Winter Quarter: 1/2/19 - 3/22/19 (Instruction begins on 1/7)
Spring Quarter: 3/27/19 – 6/14/19 (Instruction begins on 4/1)
A master's degree, a record of successful teaching experience, and demonstrated expertise in the content of the course to be taught. Relevant experience may be considered.
A doctoral degree in a field related to the course to be taught. Teaching at University level; experienced in digital learning technologies and using Canvas as a learning management system.
Annual full-time salaries will begin at a base rate of $54,738.
Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04890 and must include:
- Cover letter must state the following: a) the course topic(s) you are applying to teach; b) an explanation of your qualifications to teach the topic(s); and c) your availability to teach during the week (Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday/Friday) and/or day or evening.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness Must include: Student Evaluations of Teaching AND Other evidence which may include course syllabi, teaching statement, teaching awards, etc.
- Names and contact information for three professional references
More information about UCI’s School of Education can be found at: www.education.uci.edu.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness - Student Evaluations of Teaching AND Other evidence which may include course syllabi, teaching statement, teaching awards, etc.
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information