Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
This is pool recruitment for campus and online teaching positions that may become available in the Leadership field. We are seeking qualified applicants with current knowledge and/or teaching experience in the leadership field who can create an interactive and engaging learning environment for students.
For more detailed information about our various leadership programs, please visit https://ce.uci.edu/areas.
Course topics include:
• Foundations of Leadership
• Leading Small Groups
• Conflict Resolution
• Communicating Across Cultures
• Virtual or Remote Management and Communication
• Organizational Change
• Strategic Decisions
Classes may be available in a variety of formats: Daytime or evening on-ground, and online instructor-led.
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education (DCE) Program Director as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format (Evening, Daytime, Online, or Hybrid)
• Online instructors will prepare video recorded lectures and/or PowerPoint-style presentations with audio, forum discussions, and webinars, among other things
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Director as needed
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabi; posting bio and photo on the UCI DCE website; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04943
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 4 required (contact information only)