Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, Irvine Department of Informatics
Research Specialists in Digital Mental Health
Applications are invited for multiple research specialist positions at all levels at the University of California, Irvine (UCI), Department of Informatics. The positions are for full-time for those with a strong interest in digital mental health. The research specialists will work on a California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) funded formative evaluation for the Innovation Technology Suite Project (INN Tech Suite Project). This is a three-year demonstration project that was developed to improve mental health care access and delivery throughout California using mobile mental health technologies. The specialist will work as part of an interdisciplinary team consisting of health service researchers, implementation scientists, clinical psychologists, bio-informatics researchers, and human-computer interaction specialists. There are also opportunities for working on related projects led by researchers of the evaluation team.
The CalMHSA Formative Evaluation Team is led by Drs. Dara Sorkin and Dana Mukamel who direct the Translational Technologies Enhancing High Quality Care (iTEQC) Research Program within the Department of Medicine at UCI. The INN Tech Suite Project is a multi-county collaborative and activities will include travel within California for project activities.
Primary activities for the Specialists will include:
• Conducting mixed-methods data collection in various clinical and community-based settings (e.g., community mental health clinics,)
• Assisting in mixed-methods data analysis
• Interacting with leadership from counties, clinics, and CalMHSA
• Preparing evaluation reports
• Preparing scientific outputs including presentations and publications
• Supporting project logistics
• Seeking all levels: B.S., M.S., PhD or equivalent in public health, human-computer interaction, psychology, social work or related field
• Strong interest in implementation science and the implementation of evidence-based interventions in community settings, system and organizational implementation issues
• Desirable to have knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, MPlus, R, Stata)
• Preferred mixed-methods experience and knowledge of qualitative analysis software (e.g., NVivo, Atlas.ti)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and organizational skills
• Desirable to have previous experience partnering with community stakeholders and community-based organizations
Minority applicants encouraged. Appointments are for two years, with an option to extend to three years, pending budgetary approval. Salary is competitive.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, CV, and the names of 3 professional references to the following on-line recruitment URL to submit the material requested:
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)