Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
This is a pool recruitment for online teaching positions that may become available in the higher education instructional design program. We are seeking qualified instructors with current knowledge and work experience in this industry who can create an interactive and engaging learning environment for students.
Course topics include:
• Course Pedagogy & Planning
• Course Development
• Educational Media
• Course Facilitation
Specific Instructor Duties include:
• Facilitate the course syllabus and assignments designed by UCI Division of Continuing Education
• Deliver course materials and learning assessments in the online format
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Implement interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades and feedback
• Post final student grades by set deadlines
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Program Representative and Director as needed
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner which may include: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting course handouts; signing instructor contract
• Regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the course facilitation
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05109
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
UCI DCE BIO HISTORY FORM- REQUIRED - Please complete the biographical history form by clicking this link: http://ce.uci.edu/pdfs/forms/dce-instructor-application.pdf.
Upload the completed form here as an attachment.
- 4 required (contact information only)