Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Online teaching positions are now available for Clinical Data Analytics. We are seeking qualified applicants possessing current knowledge and/or teaching experience in the topic of Health Care Analytics, Clinical Informatics, Clinical Data Management, Good Clinical Data Management Practices, Regulatory Reporting, Analysis Reporting Tools MS SQL Analysis and Integration Services, SAP, Clinical Trial Process and Regulations.
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education, Engineering and Sciences, Director of as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver online course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Director as needed
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabi; posting bio and photo on the UCI Division of Continuing Education website; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
Our curriculum is constantly updated and tailored to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices to remain competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which can be immediately utilized in and applied to our students’ work environments.
Part-time, temporary assignments are on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part-time instructor applications all year long; when the division has a need to fill, we refer to the “pool” of applications on file. We are looking specifically for instructors who are qualified to teach the following course(s) as early as Spring quarter (beginning April 1, 2019).
Qualified instructors/experts are needed for a new program development. Topics of expertise include but are not limited to:
• Health Care Analytics
• Data Assets and Data Strategy
• Acquisition and Management of Health Care Data
• Data Mining: Application for Healthcare
• Visualization, Decision Analysis and Solution Delivery in Healthcare Analytics
• Precision Medicine
To apply for this position, please click this link:
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
• Advanced degree from an accredited institution.
• Current knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in subject area
• Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information
• Highly effective interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) the use of instructional technology and online teaching tools
• Current participation in professional associations
• Comfort in dealing with international professionals and students
• Experience designing/revising curriculum and measuring student performance
• College-level teaching experience (or the corporate equivalent)
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information