Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science department has an opening for an exceptional, motivated, outstanding, and organized applicant to work on cutting edge and multidisciplinary projects within collaborative teams of engineers and biologists.
The projects are in the area of point-of-care, portable/wearable sensing devices (for detection of different bio particles such as proteins and cells), microfluidics, microelectronics, and microbiology.
- BS / MS / PhD in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, bioengineering, material science, mechanical engineering, instrumentation, biological sciences, or any other related field of study.
- Experience in a few of the following areas: micro/nanofabrication, microfluidics, micro/nano biosensing, N/MEMS, analytical chemistry or microbiology.
- Wet lab lands-on lab experience.
- Proficiency and experience in academic writing.
- A track record of high-quality publications in their field of research.
Responsibilities: The specialist in this position will work as part of a team/independently to conduct research. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan and conduct research as needed.
• Pursue research goals with routine consultation.
• Set up major equipment as needed.
• Prepare professional weekly presentations, monthly reports, and final publications.
• Engage in collaborative work with peers to achieve research objectives.
• Assist with grant applications as needed.
• Coordinate activities with other members of the lab and with other collaborators.
• Help students as needed.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and years of experience.
Qualified candidates should send curriculum vitae along with the names and addresses of three references to the following on-line recruitment URL to submit the material requested:
https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05130 for application instructions under “Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.”
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional - Copies of up to three relevant scientific publications
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information