The School of Education is seeking a full-time teacher network facilitator. The facilitator will coordinate and implement a program designed to increase the diversity of teacher candidates entering preparation programs at UCI, focusing on STEM fields. UCI has two teacher preparation programs, a post-baccalaureate credential plus masters program, and CalTeach, an undergraduate STEM focused four year bachelors plus credential program. Grant funding for the position is provided through October, 2023. The facilitator is charged with improving student and mentor teacher support and preparation through university and field-site collaboration.
The facilitator is responsible for:
1) Building and maintaining a network connecting the university preparation program to local schools and teachers.
2) Training and collaborating with site-based master mentor teachers to enhance local support for mentors and student teachers.
3) Increasing the professional development offerings and supports for mentor teachers and alumni.
4) Enhancing and building academic support services for students in the teacher preparation pathways.
5) Coordinating outreach efforts with community colleges to expand transfer student recruitment efforts, with particular emphasis on historically under-represented STEM and bilingual students interested in pathways into teaching.
6) Overseeing program data collection and analysis to assess program efforts and their effectiveness.
Other responsibilities include:
1) Teaching classes in the CalTeach program.
2) Supervising CalTeach students in field placements and during student teaching.
California teaching credential in mathematics or science.
A minimum of 5 years of experience teaching mathematics or science in the K-12 setting.
Prior experience coordinating and conducting teacher professional development.
A masters in an education related field.
Relevant experience may be considered.
Prior school administration experience.
Prior student teacher mentoring or supervision.
Experience coordinating between institutions of higher education and K-12 teachers/schools/districts.
A doctorate in an education related field.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position will hold split titles, Academic Coordinator and Lecturer/Supervisor, with Coordinator at 67% during the academic year and Lecturer/Supervision at 33%. The remaining quarters, it will be 100% as an Academic Coordinator.
Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05148 and must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter with an explanation of your experience and qualifications to coordinate and manage a teacher network, and oversee the program.
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness Must include: Student Evaluations of Teaching AND Other evidence which may include course syllabi, teaching statement, teaching awards, etc)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
More information about UCI’s School of Education can be found at: www.education.uci.edu.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - Please include an explanation of your experience and qualifications to coordinate and manage a teacher network, and oversee the program.
Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness - Must include: Student Evaluations of Teaching AND Other evidence which may include course syllabi, teaching statement, teaching awards, etc)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information