Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
At the University of California Irvine’s Department of Continuing Education – Technology Programs, our mission is to provide the best technical professional development courses online. We are laser focused on inspiring our students to learn new technical coding skills and shaping the future for their success. We are passionate about our education programs that support our students to fulfil their career goals and we are empowered to help thousands of people learn online every day.
The University of California Irvine’s Department of Continuing Education is looking for a multi-talented Machine Learning instructor who has expertise in a variety of AI and Machine Learning development technologies, who has contagious passion for their craft. We are interested in candidates with deep learning experience, who have developed algorithms and architectures, with potential application areas including Natural Language Processing, Robotics, Vision, and Artificial General Intelligence. Someone who has an obsession with constantly learning new technologies, a personal dedication to always be up to date with the very latest coding languages, deployment technologies and industry best practices.
A minimum of 5 years of software development experience is preferred - however, let your passion and industry knowledge be your guide. This position will allow you to explore your current knowledge and put your skills and know-how to the test. Alongside our Programs Manager, you will be responsible for developing a challenging program for students in 2019 and beyond. Using the latest best practices and innovative techniques, you will be immersed in a dynamic online community of like-minded online learners, keen to explore the learning materials together, to develop new skills and become prepared for the next step in their careers.
Machine Learning Program website: https://ce.uci.edu/areas/it/machine_learning/
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field preferred
• 5+ years professional backend software development experience
• A minimum of 2 years' experience with research/development/application of Machine Learning
• Works alongside The Director of Technology Programs to develop new course content for Fall 2019
• Designs and develops the Machine Learning course that is 100% up to date, meeting the latest industry standards
• Skills up new students who have not had prior Machine Learning experience using the latest technologies and design tools
• Manages and delivers the course materials to students in an engaging thought-provoking manner in our online learning management system: Canvas
• Optimize and be flexible to change the course to suit the needs of your students and new technologies semester after semester
• Engage in meaningful online conversations and dialogue with your students online in the learning management system, supporting their learning objectives and career goals
• Diligently respond to students needs and questions during the course schedule
• Acts as a technical mentor guiding students on a technical journey of discovery
Course development: 80 hours
Commitment: 10 – 12 hrs a week for 12 weeks, every teaching quarter.
Program Description: Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing define the current state of the art of Artificial Intelligence. These technologies, which are a form of data mining and data analysis, continuously learn from the provided information. They recognize hidden patterns that often provide dramatic competitive advantages at relatively low costs to the organization. These technologies are creating significant improvements in way we work, interact, and live producing efficiencies never imagined before. These methods are being applied in a diverse range of industries including: sales, marketing, advertising, health care, criminal justice, finance customer support and cool new industries like self-driving cars and highly efficient automated homes. Organizations today use these methods not only to improve their core business operations but also for developing new business models.
To apply for this position, please click this link:
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)