Open April 25th, 2019 through Friday, Apr 24, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science department has an opening for an exceptional, motivated, outstanding, and organized applicant to work on cutting edge and multidisciplinary projects within collaborative teams of engineers and biologists at a salary of $50,760.00 - 61,308.00 per year based on qualifications and experience.
The projects are in the area of point-of-care, portable/wearable sensing devices (for detection of different bio particles such as proteins and cells), microfluidics, microelectronics, and microbiology.
• PhD in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, bioengineering, material science, mechanical engineering, instrumentation, biological sciences, or any other related field of study.
• Experience in a few of the following areas: Organ-on-chips, Bioprinting, micro/nanofabrication, microfluidics, micro/nano biosensing, N/MEMS, analytical chemistry or microbiology.
• Wet lab lands-on lab experience.
• Proficiency and experience in academic writing.
• A track record of high-quality publications in their field of research.
• Highly motivated, positive, details oriented and responsible.
• High level of organization.
• Ability to work independently.
The postdoc in this position will work as part of a team/independently to conduct research.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan and conduct research as needed.
• Pursue research goals with routine consultation.
• Set up major equipment as needed.
• Prepare professional weekly presentations, monthly reports, and final publications.
• Engage in collaborative work with peers to achieve research objectives.
• Assist with grant applications as needed.
• Coordinate activities with other members of the lab and with other collaborators.
• Help students as needed.
The initial appointment will be for 12 months and salary depends on the applicant’s qualifications. Renewal of the appointment will be contingent upon the availability of adequate funding and performance.
Application Procedure: Apply by submitting your application to our online RECRUIT system at (https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05240)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Information about the department available at: http://engineering.uci.edu/dept/eecs
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)