Open September 16th, 2019 through Tuesday, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Prof. Michael Berns at the Beckman Laser Institute is recruiting a part-time engineer with a background in Optical Engineering.
• A minimum of a B.S. degree (preferably in biomedical engineering).
• Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
• Familiarity with novel optical microscope and laser medical technologies; physics and optics to integrate various new optical technologies into current systems.
• Knowledge of lasers, photonics, applied optics, thermal imaging techniques, and laser alignment through various optical configurations, including microscope.
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience.
TO APPLY: Please log onto UC Irvine’s RECRUIT located https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05407.
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
1.Letter of Interest
3.A description of current research and future plans
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 1-3 required (contact information only)