Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UC Irvine School of Education seeks applicants for temporary, part-time lecturer positions in 2019-2020 to teach courses in the Undergraduate and Credential Programs. Generally, part-time lecturer positions are offered for one quarter at a time and at varying percentages of time, depending on the number and nature of courses assigned. Courses are typically scheduled for either 80 minutes on Tuesday/Thursdays or for 50 minutes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
Openings may include but are not limited to the following course topics:
• Early Childhood Education
• Poverty, Equity, Diversity and K-12 Education
• Origins, Purposes and Issues in K-12 Education
• Educational Research and Evaluation
• Cognition and Learning
• Statistics for Education Research
• Exceptional Learners
Instruction Dates for 2019-2020:
Fall Quarter: 9/23/19 – 12/13/19
Winter Quarter: 1/2/19 - 3/20/20
Spring Quarter: 3/25/19 – 6/12/20
A master's degree, a record of successful teaching experience, and demonstrated expertise in the content of the course to be taught. Relevant experience may be considered.
A doctoral degree in a field related to the course to be taught. Teaching at University level; experienced in digital learning technologies and using Canvas as a learning management system.
Annual full-time salaries will begin at a base rate of $54,738.
Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05449 and must include:
- Cover letter must state the following: a) the course topic(s) you are applying to teach; b) an explanation of your qualifications to teach the topic(s); and c) your availability to teach during the week (Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday/Friday) and/or day or evening.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness - Student Evaluations of Teaching AND Other evidence which may include course syllabi, teaching statement, teaching awards, etc.
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)