Specialist Series Recruitment
The UC Irvine Brain-Computer Interface Laboratory (Department of Neurology) is recruiting for a part time position in the specialist series. Duties will primarily be to operate a brain-computer interface system for the purposes of implementing a Phase 2 Clinical Trial. Specifically, this includes applying electroencephalogram (EEG) and muscle electrical stimulation to research patients, operating the control software, assisting with other electrophysiological measurements (e.g. transcranial magnetic stimulation [TMS], and electromyography [EMG]), and overseeing the system’s operation by the study participants. These duties will require approximately 15-20 hours per week and is paid on an hourly rate (dependent on the level of prior experience).
Technical training will be provided. The position will start in September 2019. The position will last for a maximum of 2 years and is based on assessment of performance. This position is “at-will” but will require prospective candidate to provide at least 2 months’ notice prior to departure.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in an area of life sciences, clinical research, or related field, with between 0-4 years of post-graduate work experience
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- High level of fluency in technology and computer (PC/Windows platform) usage
- Experience with electrophysiology, namely EEG, TMS, and/or electrical stimulation, is optional but preferred
- Prior lab research or clinical research experience is optional but preferred
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application, including cover letter, resume, and CV to Dr. An Do, MD (email@example.com). Letters of references will be requested.
TO APPLY: Please log onto UCI’s RECRUIT located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05454
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter—Please discuss current research and future plans.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and Contact Information of Three References
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - Please discuss current research and future plans.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)