Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Position: Associate Specialist
California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology is seeking 50% Associate Specialist position.
CALIT2 promotes research and develops technology for areas such as biomedical, communication and networking technologies.
Applications are being sought from degreed candidates in Electrical Engineering or related field. This is an ongoing recruitment and positions are dependent upon extramural funding. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on performance and availability of support. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, implement and test mobile electronics sensing platforms and associated software applications.
• Create and maintain system specification and sub-system specification documentation.
• Debug, test, and install complex electronic systems.
• Diagnose and resolve complex application software problems and their related interfaces.
• Develops test procedures and test platforms.
• Prepare documentation and paperwork used in the planning and preparation stages of the system and the instructions for its use.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Good problem-solving and troubleshooting experience.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well in team environment.
• Knowledge and hand-on experience with electronic system development.
• Hands-on experience developing applications for mobile devices.
• Ability to mentor graduate and undergraduate team on developing electronic systems.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required