Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
School of Medicine
Department of Radiological Sciences
Position: Specialist, Open Ranks
The Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, anticipates openings for non-tenured, academic term appointments as Junior, Assistant, Associate and Full Specialist. The position involves research investigation to develop dynamic CT perfusion technique for noninvasive physiological assessment of cardiovascular disease such as coronary artery disease, stroke and pulmonary embolism. The lab has developed a low radiation dose dynamic CT perfusion technique and validated it in a swine model for coronary artery disease. We have also implemented the dynamic CT perfusion technique for blood flow measurement in the brain, lung and kidney. Our ongoing interests include the clinical translation of these techniques for physiological assessment of cardiovascular disease.
• Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for large animal studies
• Performs and documents a variety of activities, including but not limited to, routine clinical observations, charting of physiological data and animal health status, taking study-required animal weights, documentation of maintenance medicine administration, etc.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of research experiments
• Write standard operating procedures, schedule work, analyze data, maintain accurate records, and write reports
• Perform computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
• May assist with budget and/or operational aspects of grant and contract proposals
• Assist in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Review literature
• Train new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
• Comply with all safety and infection control standards
• Perform other duties as required.
• Experience working with and handling large animals
• Bachelor’s degree in the Physical or Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
• 3 years of relevant research experience
• Previous experience with large animal models, laboratory equipment, and basic laboratory skills
• Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
• Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Application Procedure – To apply, please log onto UC Irvine’s recruitment site located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05713
For further information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact:
Sabee Molloi, Ph.D.
Department of Radiological Sciences
Medical Sciences I, B-140
University of California
Irvine, CA 92697
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2-4 required (contact information only)