Dr. Mimi Liljeholm, PI of the Learning and Decision Neuroscience (LDN) Lab in the Department of Cognitive Sciences at the University of California, Irvine, is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral scholar interested in studying the neural and computational bases of predictive learning and decision-making. Specific areas of research include goal-directed vs. habitual control, reinforcement learning, motor learning, agency and reasoning. The postdoctoral scholar will contribute to the design and implementation of behavioral and neuroimaging experiments, computational cognitive models and model-based statistical analyses.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. in Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, or Computer Science
- Demonstrable interest in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology
- Demonstrable proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g., MATLAB)
- Experience with functional MRI (data acquisition and statistical analyses)
- Evidence of productivity reflected in first-author publications
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to conduct independent research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualified candidates should submit:
- An introductory cover letter
- A brief statement of research interests and future goals
- CV detailing educational background, publications, and funding
- List of any manuscripts in preparation or currently under review
- Diversity statement
- Names of 3 references that can provide letters of recommendation upon request
Applications must be submitted online at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05740
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V. detailing educational background, publications, and funding
Statement of Research - A brief statement of research interests and future goals
List of Manuscripts - List of any manuscripts in preparation or currently under review
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- 3 required (contact information only)