Open date: October 22nd, 2019
Next review date: Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Postdoctoral Scholar – Rupert Group
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering in the Samueli School of Engineering is currently accepting applications for a postdoctoral scholar to join the group of Professor Timothy J. Rupert. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and the positions will remain open until filled.
Experimental Postdoc in Nanoscale Metallurgy: The research will focus on the mechanical behavior of novel nanostructured materials. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in experimental mechanics and materials science. A Ph.D. in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a related field is required. Experience with transmission electron microscopy (TEM), focused ion beam (FIB) micromachining, small-scale mechanical testing (for example, nanoindentation and in situ experiments), and powder metallurgy is preferred.
• Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks and projects at one time.
• Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms.
• Organizational ability - Well-versed in data management. Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
• Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
• Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized technical software.
• Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and years of experience.
Job location: Irvine, CA
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter - Outlining your interests and relevant skills and experience
References: 3 references required (contact information only)
Apply by submitting your application to our online RECRUIT system at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05803
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- 3 required (contact information only)