Open November 27th, 2019 through Sunday, Nov 15, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
If you apply to this recruitment by November 15th, 2020, you will have until November 22nd, 2020 to complete your application.
The University of California, Irvine Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and student body and seek to recruit a fellowship trained vascular and endovascular surgeon with a focus on research and clinical care in the area of advanced endovascular and open vascular surgery.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide patient care; participation in research programs, excel in teaching clinical programs to fellows, residents, and medical students; demonstrate professional competence and activity; and perform University and public service.
• California Medical license and board certification or eligibility in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
• California Fluoroscopy license
• Successful completion or anticipated completion of 0+5 or 5+2 fellowship program in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
• The ideal candidate must have demonstrated excellence in research, clinical care of patients, as well as an excellent record of accomplishment of publication and teaching
• Appointment will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Series will be determined by the successful candidate’s skills, qualifications and experience
A link to the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series description is provided for your review:
HS Clinical Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-278.pdf
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
To be considered, please submit your application through the University of California Irvine’s Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at the following link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05865 and have the following documentation materials ready:
• Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated CV
• Cover Letter – Optional
• Statement of Teaching - Required. See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement: http://dtei.uci.edu/the-reflective-teaching-statement/
• Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement – Required. Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement: https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/ieactivities/
• Misc / Additional – Optional
• References – 3 required; 2 optional (contact information only)
UC Irvine, School of Medicine, Department of Surgery:
UC Irvine’s Department of Surgery faculty members have expertise in multiple complex diseases and are integrated to subspecialties including cardiothoracic, colorectal, gastrointestinal, vascular & endovascular, hepatobiliary, transplant, surgical oncology, trauma, burns, critical care & acute surgery.
The department has become one of the region’s most prestigious clinical, research and academic surgical programs. For more than 50 years, the Department of Surgery has been dedicated to helping patients live well and stay well. The department’s principle — “When You See One of Us, You See All of Us” — underscores the department’s commitment to ensure patients the broadest expertise and most comprehensive care possible.
To learn more about UC Irvine’s Department of Surgery, visit https://www.surgery.uci.edu.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)