Open January 22nd, 2020 through Thursday, Jan 21, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
If you apply to this recruitment by January 21st, 2021, you will have until January 28th, 2021 to complete your application.
The Division of Trauma, Burns, Surgical Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine is recruiting for acute care/trauma surgeons. These openings are at the level of Health Sciences Assistant or Associate Clinical Professor (non-tenure), depending upon the candidate’s qualifications, and will be in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series.
The division manages the only ACS-verified Adult Level 1 Trauma Center in Orange County as well as a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, with 4300 trauma activations for a county of 3.2 million people. The faculty also manage our ACS and ABA-verified Regional Burn Center, the Emergency General Surgery Service, and a busy 24 bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit. The division faculty oversee an outstanding ACGME-accredited Surgical Critical Care Fellowship (3 fellows/year).
Requirements – An M.D. or D.O., American Board of Surgery certification/eligibility in surgery with added qualification in surgical critical care, and a California medical license are required. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience. Strong interest and demonstrated abilities in delivering patient care in an academic clinical setting, teaching residents, fellows, and medical students, clinical research, and providing service to the University are required. For one of these positions, burn training or experience is preferred.
To apply, interested candidates should visit UC Recruit: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05940, complete an online application profile and upload application materials electronically (CV, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity).
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. [http://dtei.uci.edu/the-reflective-teaching-statement/]
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. [http://www.uci.edu/diversity/]
• Student Evaluations of Teaching - Individual teaching evaluations and profile of statistical teaching summaries
• Publications - One copy of publications or creative activity. Additional copies may be requested if they are needed. Number each publication as it is numbered on the Curriculum Vitae.
• Statement of Research (Optional)
• Cover Letter (Optional)
• 3-7 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)