Open February 6th, 2020 through Friday, Feb 5, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science department has an opening for an exceptional, motivated, outstanding, and organized applicant to work at Integrated Nano Bio Electronics Innovation Lab on chip diseases modeling & therapeutic responses in human organ chips. Salary of $50,760.00 - 61,308.00 per year based on qualifications and experience.
Research project: Organ-on-a-chip is an important animal-free technology to 3D model complex processes in diseases and to study and improve the success rate of drug development. Our lab at UCI in close collaboration with Stanford University is looking for an ambitious and creative postdoctoral researcher with a strong drive and motivation to address current challenges in the interdisciplinary research fields of organs-on-chip.
This interdisciplinary research project aims to use novel approaches and technologies to develop next generation compatible organ-on-chip models where several different cell types can be cultured together in an in vivo-like environment. Using novel technologies, developed platforms should integrate several different organs with maintenance systems and sensors for 3D on-chip diseases modeling and therapeutic response studies.
This research project demands:
i) A highly creative individual with strong analytical skills as well as practical skills regarding the developing and handling of fluidics systems.
ii) Performing biological evaluation of cellular responses cultured in various organ-on-chip systems.
iii) On-chip studies of cell-cell interactions.
iv) Quantitative in vitro (on-chip) analysis of therapeutics efficacy responses.
• Candidate must have a PhD in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biochemistry, Tissue Engineering or related technical fields with robust research background relevant to the specified areas for this postdoctoral position.
• Expertise in working with different types of cells, in vitro primary cells culture, as well as knowledge of basic molecular and cell biology concepts and techniques.
• Documented track record of research evidenced by successful publishing in scientific journals is a must.
• Excellent presentation and writing ability, together with the publication of original scientific work in high-quality journals, will be highly valued.
• It is meritorious for the candidate to show documentation on culture optimization, phenotype evaluation and studies of cell growth and proliferation.
• Candidate will take a leading role in the research's projects cell culture activities, where (s)he will be expected to run his/her on-chip studies.
• In addition to undertaking research in this role, the candidate is expected to participate in supervising students, as needed, and communicate his/her research results at conferences and in journal publications.
The initial appointment will be for 12 months and salary depends on the applicant’s qualifications. Renewal of the appointment will be contingent upon the availability of adequate funding and performance.
Application Procedure: Apply by submitting your application to our online RECRUIT system at (https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05947)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Information about the department available at: http://engineering.uci.edu/dept/eecs
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)