Open date: February 14th, 2020
Next review date: Friday, Mar 6, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Monday, Jun 15, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Development of Social Cognition Lab (directed under Dr. Nadia Chernyak) at the University of California - Irvine is searching for a lab manager to begin summer 2020 (precise start date negotiable).
Interested candidates are encouraged to check out the lab's research focus here to assess potential fit and can contact Dr. Chernyak (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- prior experience conducting research in a cognitive development lab;
- strong administrative, organizational, and leadership skills;
- be comfortable with young children and families;
- be enthusiastic about cognitive development research; and
- have strong, self-directed initiative and ability to take on challenges.
- Programming (e.g., R, Inquisit), data analysis, and/or web design skills are always a plus.
To qualify, applicants must possess a Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Psychology or a related field by date of employment.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- conducting research in socio-cognitive development: data collection in lab and at local parks, preschools, and children's museums; creating/programming stimuli; data coding and analysis (with training); and recruitment of participants.
- supervising and training research assistants: coordinating off-site and in-lab recruitment efforts; hiring and training research assistants; assigning daily tasks; coordinating fingerprinting/orientation/training; mentorship of undergraduates; establishing of a summer research program for undergraduates
- managing daily and long-term operations within the lab: handling IRBs and other research documentation; building a database of subject and local child care facilities; coordinating lab meetings; managing lab websites and newsletters; and setting up/maintaining lab equipment and software
Note that the job will involve some travel to local area data collection sites. Finally, the lab manager may have opportunities to co-author manuscripts, develop own research projects, and attend conferences.
Completed applications must include a cover letter, resume or CV, inclusive excellence statement, and one letter of reference from a research supervisor.
To apply for the position, please follow this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05973
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Cover Letter - Please summarize a) your prior research experience, b) your research interests and potential fit with the lab: c) any specific technical or language skills (e.g., programming, specialized software; foreign language knowledge)
Resume or Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated Resume or C.V.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - A brief statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
- 1-3 letters of reference required