Open date: May 22nd, 2020
Last review date: Monday, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Goulding lab in the Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at UCI is looking to immediately fill one part-time position at the Jr. or Assistant Specialist rank with an individual who is interested in contributing to projects in the area biochemistry and protein crystallography of proteins involved in Mycobacterium tuberculosis iron acquisition systems.
The Goulding lab focuses on structural and biochemical approaches in unraveling the mysteries of Mycobacterium tuberculosis iron acquisition systems. The employee will utilize skills in protein expression and purification, enzyme assay development and setting up crystal trials. Other tasks include, assistance with teaching and training undergraduate students standard laboratory experimental techniques and laboratory management, including ordering and stocking supplies, chemical and biohazard waste disposal, as well as cataloging important DNA clones.
· Bachelors’ degree in biological Sciences.
· Five years of laboratory research experience in a biochemistry/molecular biology laboratory (for Assistant Specialist rank).
· Ability to carry out independent research projects and also assist in supervising research students.
· Experience with laboratory management.
· Basic computer skills.
· Organizational skills for record keeping and inventory
· Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks.
· Willingness to occasionally vary work schedules to accommodate urgent research needs such as coming in on weekends.
· Keen to learn new techniques.
Initial appointments are for a part-time 12-month period with annual renewal dependent on performance and funding availability.
Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to the following on-line recruitment URL:
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)