Open September 18th, 2020 through Wednesday, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
The Henry Samueli School of Engineering invites applications for a one-quarter part-time Lecturer position with the possibility of renewal in the UCI-DUT Joint Program in Dalian, China. The course(s) will be taught remotely for Fall of 2020.
Individual is expected to teach one to three lower division composition and Academic English courses. Courses are equivalent to the levels of UC Irvine’s Academic English 23, Academic English 20, and/or Writing 39A, B, C series and Writing 39AP. Candidate may also be expected to teach upper division courses required to fulfill curricula specifications for the program (e.g. ENGR 190W) as needed. The individual will also coordinate with the Director of English Composition at UCI to ensure the writing courses taught at the Joint Program remain the same as those taught at UCI.
Requirements: PhD (preferred) in English, Rhetoric & Composition, Writing Studies, or a related field. MA in applied linguistics, or a related field, or an MFA in creative writing, also considered. Two (2) years of college-level teaching experience required, with experience in first-year composition preferred. ESL certification and experience, experience teaching multilingual students, and facility with online instruction and instructional technologies will be valued in our search.
Base salary commensurate based on degree and experience.
Application Procedure: Applicants will need to submit required materials to our online RECRUIT system at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF06416
Applicants will need to submit the following items:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Teaching Materials: (a) one Teaching Portfolio of up to 10 pages total that represent(s) your strengths as an instructor of writing and rhetoric (e.g. syllabus, assignments, sample paper with comments), (b) Teaching Evaluations: applicants who have never taught in the UCI Composition Program should include in their application one complete and representative set (i.e. one section) of teaching evaluations, including qualitative responses
• Contact information for 3 references
• Statement of Teaching, guidance: https://dtei.uci.edu/the-reflective-teaching-statement/
• Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence, guidance: https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/ieactivities/
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Authorization to Release Information Form - A reference check will be completed only if you are made a tentative offer to a Professor or Professor of Teaching series, at any rank. Download, complete, sign, and upload the form: https://ap.uci.edu/wp-content/uploads/AuthReleaseForm.pdf
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)