Open date: October 21st, 2020
Next review date: Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Dr. Mimi Liljeholm, PI of the Learning and Decision Neuroscience (LDN) Lab in the Department of Cognitive Sciences at the University of California, Irvine, is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral scholar interested in studying the neural and computational bases of predictive learning and decision-making. Specific areas of research include goal-directed vs. habitual control, reinforcement learning, motor learning, agency and reasoning. The postdoctoral scholar will contribute to the design and implementation of behavioral and neuroimaging experiments, computational cognitive models, AI development, and model-based statistical analyses.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. in Cognitive Neuroscience or Computer Science
- Demonstrable interest in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience or Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrable proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python)
- Experience with computational cognitive modeling, artificial intelligence or functional MRI (data acquisition and statistical analyses).
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to conduct independent research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualified candidates should submit
- An introductory cover letter
- A brief statement of research interests and future goals
- CV detailing educational background, publications, and funding
- List of any manuscripts in preparation or currently under review
- Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement
- Names of 3 references that can provide letters of recommendation upon request
Applications must be submitted online at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06462
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
More information about this recruitment: https://www.cogsci.uci.edu/employment.php
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V. detailing educational background, publications, and funding
Statement of Research - A brief statement of research interests and future goals
Manuscript List - List of any manuscripts in preparation or currently under review
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)