Open date: October 23rd, 2020
Next review date: Thursday, Dec 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, Dec 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior Specialist in Digital Mental Health
Applications are invited for a Junior Specialist position at the University of California, Irvine (UCI), Department of Psychological Science. This position is full-time for those with a strong interest in implementation and evaluation work in the area of digital mental health. The research specialist will work in the TEchnology and Mental Health (TEAM) Lab, directed by Dr. Stephen Schueller, which explores how technology, particularly smartphone apps, can be used in the treatment and management of mental health and can improve the delivery of mental health services.
The specialist will work on a California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) funded formative evaluation for the Help@Hand project. This is a five-year demonstration project that was developed to improve mental health care access and delivery throughout California using mobile mental health technologies.
Primary activities for the Specialists will include:
• Conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection in various clinical and community-based settings (e.g., community mental health clinics) including interviewing and survey administration
• Assisting in qualitative data analysis, database management and coordination of data from external sources
• Assisting with quantitative data collection including survey programming, distribution and tracking
• Assisting in the preparation of evaluation reports
• Assisting in the preparation of scientific outputs including presentations and publications
• Assisting in the development of research protocols, interview guides and survey questionnaires, assessment and evaluation tools, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions
• Participating in weekly implementation calls led by County representatives (e.g., documenting evaluation activities, escalating information to project directors, and collaborating with CalMHSA representatives to ensure proper documentation of the meetings)
• Supporting project logistics (e.g., purchasing orders, scheduling of meetings, organization of project documents across multiple platforms)
• B.A, B.S. or equivalent in psychology, public health, social work or related field
• Strong interest in digital mental health
• Interest in implementation science and the implementation of evidence-based interventions in community settings, system and organizational implementation issues
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, a high level of professionalism - ability to communicate with team members in addition to a range of diverse stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills
• Desirable to have knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, MPlus, R, Stata)
• Preferred mixed-methods experience and knowledge of qualitative analysis
• Desirable to have previous experience partnering with community stakeholders and community-based organizations
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including women and minorities. Appointments are for two years , with an option to extend to two/three years, pending budgetary approval. Salary is competitive.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, CV, and the names of 3 professional references to the following on-line recruitment URL to submit the material requested:https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06469
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Irvine, CA. Options for telework in compliance with UCI policy responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
More information about this recruitment: https://psyberguide.org/
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Authorization to Release Information Form - A reference check will be completed only if you are made a tentative offer to a Professor or Professor of Teaching series, at any rank. Download, complete, sign, and upload the form: https://ap.uci.edu/wp-content/uploads/AuthReleaseForm.pdf
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)