Open date: October 23rd, 2020
Last review date: Thursday, Dec 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Feb 28, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Operations Manager, Assistant or Associate Specialist
Applications are invited for an Assistant or Associate Specialist position at the University of California, Irvine, Department of Psychological Science. This position is full-time for those with a strong interest in implementation and program evaluation. The candidate will primarily work with Dr. Stephen Schueller (UCI, Psychological Science) and colleagues on a California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) funded formative evaluation for the Help@Hand project. Help@Hand is a demonstration project that was developed to improve mental health care access and delivery throughout California using mobile mental health technologies. The CalMHSA Formative Evaluation Team is led by Drs. Dara Sorkin and Dana Mukamel who direct the Translational Technologies Enhancing High Quality Care (iTEQC) Research Program within the Department of Medicine at UCI. The Help@Hand Project is a multi-county collaborative and activities will include travel within California for project activities.
The ideal candidate must have a Masters’ or PhD degree in public health, psychology, social work, health services or related fields, and preferably with experience managing and evaluating projects in complex real-world settings. This role will be serving as a valuable support to faculty and collaborators including coordinating and writing quarterly and yearly evaluation reports, managing data collection (including design of surveys, interviews, and focus groups), and communication with County partners. Interpersonal comfort in groups, enjoying developing a cohesive team, and a passion for translational scientific writing are highly important for this role.
Primary activities for the position will include:
• Interacting with leadership from counties, clinics, and CalMHSA
• Preparing evaluation reports
• Presenting findings to counties, CalMHSA, and advisory boards
• Supporting project logistics
• Preparing scientific outputs including presentations and publications
• Interacting with project staff including team meetings, group meetings, and one-on-one meetings
• Assisting with data synthesis stemming from mixed-methods data collection
• Masters or PhD in public health, psychology, social work, health services, or related fields
• Strong program evaluation experience
• Extensive project management experience
• Strong interest in implementation science and the implementation of evidence-based interventions in community settings, system and organizational implementation issues
• Knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, MPlus, R, Stata)
• Preferred mixed-methods experience and knowledge of qualitative analysis software (e.g., NVivo, Atlas.ti)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and organizational skills
• Previous experience partnering with community stakeholders and community-based organizations
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including women and minorities. Appointments are for one year, with an option to extend to two/three years, pending budgetary approval. Salary is competitive.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, CV, and the names of 3 professional references to the following on-line recruitment URL to submit the material requested: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06470
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Irvine, CA. Options for telework in compliance with UCI policy responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
More information about this recruitment: https://psyberguide.org/
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Authorization to Release Information Form - A reference check will be completed only if you are made a tentative offer to a Professor or Professor of Teaching series, at any rank. Download, complete, sign, and upload the form: https://ap.uci.edu/wp-content/uploads/AuthReleaseForm.pdf
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)