Open October 30th, 2020 through Friday, Oct 29, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
The Henry Samueli School of Engineering seeks for temporary lecturers to teach undergraduate courses during the 2020-2021 academic year for the UCI-DUT Joint Program. The courses include MAE 60 Electric Circuits (Winter 2021), MAE 91 Introduction to Thermodynamics (Spring, 2021), MAE 115 Applied Engineering Thermodynamics (Fall, 2021), and MAE 130A Introduction to Fluid Mechanics (Fall, 2021).
- Ph.D. in Engineering received prior to the start of the position or M.S. in Engineering with equivalent experience (for lower division courses)
- Experience in teaching a similar course is highly desirable
- Excellent technical communication skills
Service period: January 6, 2021 through December 30, 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Temporary relocation to China may, or may not be required (depending on the pandemic situation). Dalian University of Technology (DUT) is a public research university located in the city of Dalian, Liaoning province, China. Students at the Joint Program will be instructed by both DUT and UCI faculty in Mechanical Engineering. Dalian is a modern port city on the Liaodong Peninsula, at the southern tip of China’s Liaoning Province.
Travel cost will be funded by the UCI-DUT Joint Program.
To Apply - Applicants will need to submit required materials to our online RECRUIT system at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06471
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated CV
- Teaching Evaluations (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement: https://dtei.uci.edu/the-reflective-teaching-statement/
- Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement: https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/ieactivities/
3-5 (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Authorization to Release Information Form - A reference check will be completed only if you are made a tentative offer to a Professor or Professor of Teaching series, at any rank. Download, complete, sign, and upload the form: https://ap.uci.edu/wp-content/uploads/AuthReleaseForm.pdf
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)