Open date: January 25th, 2021
Next review date: Wednesday, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Monday, May 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Lee lab in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a specialist at junior or assistant level. Our group studies the interplay between transposable elements and genome/epigenome evolution, combining population genetics, genomics, epigenomics, and chromosome biology. More information about our research interests can be found at http://grylee.science/
Requirements for the position include:
- a B.S. or higher in Biology or related degree
- at least one-year independent experience with standard molecular biology techniques (e.g., DNA/RNA extractions, PCR, qPCR) in a research laboratory setting
- experience and demonstrated ability executing complex protocols (e.g. Next-generation sequencing library preparation, chromatin immunoprecipitation)
- Attentive to details and have strong organizing skills
- can work independently as well as collaboratively
- comfortable working with fruit flies Preferences will be given to candidates with experience with genomics or functional genomics.
Responsibilities of the position includes
- design, optimize and execute molecular biology experiments for epigenomic and genomic studies
- maintain Drosophila culture and make crosses
- maintain of laboratory equipment and inventory (including ordering supplies)
- assist projects of other members of the lab when necessary
Initial appointment is for one year with potential extension and/or renewal based on work performance and availability of funding support.
Qualified candidates should submit curriculum vitae along with the names and contact information of three references to the following recruitment URL: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06571
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)