Open date: January 27th, 2021
Last review date: Thursday, Feb 11, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Jan 26, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Remote virtual teaching positions are now available for Corporate Education & Global Partnerships for a Technical Process Change Management course. The Corporate Course Instructor for Technical Process Change Management will develop and deliver a professional development and educational training course to Corporate Education & Global Partnerships clients. They will design interactive and motivational virtual learning activities that fully engage students, reinforce student learning and provide opportunity to develop transferrable skills for the workplace. They will work collaboratively with the Program Accounts Manager on updating and approving syllabi, as well as go through a variety of administrative academic procedures.
We constantly update and tailor our curriculum to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices they need to remain competitive and advance in their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical application, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which our students immediately utilize and apply to their work environments.
We are seeking qualified applicants possessing current work experience and teaching experience in technical process change management, preferably in a marketing context.
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education (DCE) Program Accounts Manager as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Program Accounts Manager as needed
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabi; posting bio and photo on the UCI DCE website; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
We are looking specifically for potential instructors who are qualified to develop and teach this course as early as spring quarter (beginning April 2021).
A detailed course description is as follows:
Today’s business landscape is characterized by instability, uncertainty, and rapid and ongoing change. In this climate, organizations need to heighten their ability to sense movements in their environment, anticipate emerging trends, and be flexible and nimble enough to adjust to changing demands. Adapting to change of this volume and speed requires strong internal change management capabilities, including new mind-sets to accept change as a normal condition, as well as tools to enable the change process itself. This course provides an overview of change fundamentals and a set of tools and templates to use to enable successful organizational transitions, large and small. As a result of this session, participants will be able to build the business case for change, explain the “why” and any drivers behind the change, and create a change management plan for new technology and process rollout.
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06579
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
The Corporate Education Department is a leader in employee development and education, locally and across the globe. We deliver educational courses and programs on-site and online to our clients; developed around the unique industry and needs of each organization. Our students are in full time working positions and are seeking additional education that will enable them to update their skills, support a new company initiative, or prepare for industry certifications or exams. We are seeking world-class instructors who are experts in their fields, with extensive hands-on experience as business professionals and community leaders. Applications to teach are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year to both fill immediate program needs, and to increase the depth of the instructor pool for future needs.
• Advanced degree from an accredited institution
• Current knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in change management theory and technical process change management best practices
• College-level teaching experience for a corporate entity or organizational equivalent
• Previous experience teaching remotely and/or online using synchronous instruction tools and a Learning Management System
• 8-10 years of professional work experience in technical process change management
• Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information
• Highly effective interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) the use of instructional technology and online teaching tools
• Current participation in professional associations
• Comfort in dealing with working professionals
• Work experience in a marketing role doing technical process change management
• Experience designing/revising curriculum and measuring student performance
• Current professional certification
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)