Open date: February 1st, 2021
Last review date: Sunday, Feb 28, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
3329- Junior Specialist step I, Full-time x 12 months
This position will be involved in culture, differentiation, and characterization of human stem cells using standard cell biology and molecular techniques.
• Experience with basic techniques or methods required by the position, or the equivalent of education and experience.
• Research experience with equipment and methods for culture, characterization, and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC).
• Ability to conduct tissue culture with sterile techniques, maintenance and preservation of iPSC, and characterization of iPSC-derived cells by immunocytochemistry staining, flow cytometry, immunoblotting, and molecular analysis.
• Demonstrated record of excellent attendance and reliability.
• Must be highly conscientious, detail oriented, and able to conduct experiments accurately.
• Computer proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent writing, oral, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
• Function with a high degree of independence.
Licenses and Certificates
The candidate should have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree or Master of Science.
TO APPLY: Please log onto UC Irvine’s recruitment site located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06582
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
More information about this recruitment: https://www.pediatrics.uci.edu/
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)