Open date: March 16th, 2021
Last review date: Thursday, Apr 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Mar 16, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Continuing Education (DCE) is a self-supporting unit within the University of California. Funding is generated through fees collected from a diverse, complex, and ever-changing student population. Part-time instructor positions are on a course by course contracted basis. This is NOT a faculty position.
Online teaching positions are now available in the Nonprofit Management Specialized Studies Program. We are seeking qualified instructors with current knowledge and work experience in this industry who can create an interactive and engaging learning environment for students. For more detailed information about our Nonprofit Management Specialized Studies Program, please visit https://ce.uci.edu/areas/business_mgmt/nonprofit/.
Course topics include:
• Nonprofit Management Fundamentals
• Fundraising Models & Resource Development
• Nonprofit Financial Management
• Stakeholder & Board Management
• Nonprofit Strategy
• Nonprofit HR & Operations
• Nonprofit Marketing & Communications
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI DCE Education and Business Program Coordinator as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Participate in the course development process alongside Instructional Designer and Program Coordinator
• Prepare and deliver online course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Program Coordinator and Director as needed
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated syllabi; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational instructional activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
Our curriculum is constantly updated and tailored to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices to remain competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which can be immediately utilized in and applied to our students’ work environments.
Part-time, temporary assignments are on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part-time instructor applications all year long; when the division has a need to fill, we refer to the “pool” of applications on file. We are looking specifically for instructors who are qualified to teach as early as summer 2021 quarter (beginning August 2021).
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06650
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)