Open date: March 29th, 2021
Next review date: Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Saturday, Jul 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Messaoudi lab at UCI is looking to fill 2 postdoctoral scholar positions. We are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative postdoctoral associates interested in:
1) investigating the impact of pre-pregnancy obesity on immunity at the maternal/fetal interface or 2) role of age-related changes in the lung microbiome/immunological landscape in increased incidence of non-tuberculous mycobacterium pulmonary disease. Both projects are NIH funded.
The Messaoudi lab focuses on studying mechanisms governing host-pathogen interactions as well as the impact of nutrition and age on host immunity using nonhuman primate models and clinical samples. More information about the lab can be found here https://faculty.sites.uci.edu/messaoudilab/.
• PhD in biological sciences and at least two publications in a pubmed indexed Journal
• Research experience in immunology or microbiology
• Strong bench skills in: microbiological techniques (microbiome analyses, bacterial isolation and culture, viral mutagenesis), tissue culture, and molecular biology
• Training in next generation sequencing and bioinformatics
• Proven track record of troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and bring projects to completion.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to learn new approaches
• Collaborative approach to science
Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter (a brief statement of research accomplishments and interests) and the names and contact information of three references to the following on-line recruitment URL:
Applications will be considered until positions are filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)