Open date: April 13th, 2021
Next review date: Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are seeking a project scientist at the University of California, Irvine to support research on the UCI Next Generation Undergraduate Success Measurement Project. The position will involve working with a team of faculty and graduate students to develop instruments, collect data, and analyze data related to the experiences and outcomes of undergraduate university students, including through use of administrative data, clickstream data, survey data, performance assessments, and experience sampling methods.
- Ph.D. in Education, Psychology, Human Development or a related field by the start date of the position;
- Expertise with collection, documentation/cleaning and analysis of digital data related to students’ experiences and outcomes;
- Expertise in quantitative data analyses and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, R, STATA, Mplus);
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Prior expertise in leading large interdisciplinary research projects;
- Expertise and interests in measurement and higher education;
- Expertise in advanced quantitative methods
Appointment may be renewed after the first year pending funding and performance.
Qualified candidates should submit curriculum vitae, a cover letter explaining your relevant background and interest in the position, names of three references (please do not solicit letters), and sample paper or publication online at: XXX.
Inquiries about application process should be directed to Laurie Andress-Delaney, Director of Personnel. Inquiries about the position should be directed to Laurie Andress-Delaney.
Additional information about common tasks of this position
Common tasks related to the project in general:
- Coordinating and working with faculty, graduate students, lab manager and research assistants on data collection, data access, data cleaning, and data analysis in all three project strands
- Close collaboration with data warehouse manager of the team to coordinate tasks related to building the larger data framework with data from all three project strands
- Close collaboration with lab manager to coordinate the work of the RAs; data collection efforts; communication with and compensation of study participants
- Recruitment of undergraduate research assistants
- Coordinating collaborations with external project partners (e.g., ETS, UMI)
- Working on data analysis and manuscripts to disseminate project findings in presentations, conference talks, and peer-reviewed scientific journals
Common tasks related to the survey data and performance assessment strand
- Coordinating data collection including: o Coordination of sample recruitment, o Developing and updating survey instruments in collaboration with the research team, o Coordination of survey implementation for online administration in Qualtrics on a weekly basis o Coordination of repeated performance assessments in collaboration with the UCI research team and ETS
- Organizing and overseeing survey data documentation and survey data cleaning of longitudinal multi-cohort survey data, including: o Coordinating continued work on codebooks for surveys o Coordinating data cleaning with SPSS: training RAs and overseeing data cleaning of all administered surveys
Ph.D. in Education, Psychology, Human Development or a related field by the start date of the position;
Expertise with collection, documentation/cleaning and analysis of digital data related to students’ experiences and outcomes;
Expertise in quantitative data analyses and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, R, STATA, Mplus);
Outstanding organizational skills;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.