Open April 20th, 2021 through Friday, Dec 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
The University of California, Irvine, seeks a Specialist for its Center for Healthspan Sciences under the direction of Dr. Mahtab Jafari. The Center will be a leading academic education and research center with the goal of improving human healthspan. This is to be an initial one-year appointment with the possibility of renewal for a second year. This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical insurance, sick and vacation leave.
• Development of clinical research proposals for extramural funding.
• Development of IRB proposals
• Summarize findings, prepare comprehensive literature reviews, and write manuscripts
• Assist in recruitment and follow up of subjects for clinical studies
• Prepare appropriate analytic charts, graphs, and dashboards from the review of the literature
• Perform preliminary research and assess grant information and agency requirements from various sources, to assist in identifying funding opportunities
This position will remain open until filled.
Extensive experience in scientific and biomedical writing of grants, manuscripts and reports.
Doctorate or Masters or an equivalent degree in biomedical research and a combination of experience and education that is equivalent to the responsibilities of the position
Expertise in using biomedical search engines and public data bases to conduct extensive literature searches
Extensive experience in conducting clinical studies.
Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to conceptualize and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
Writing Sample - Writing sample(s) that demonstrate expertise in writing grants and comprehensive reviews of the biomedical literature on a specific topic.
- 2-3 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.