Open date: October 18th, 2021
Next review date: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California (UC), Irvine, Department of Neurology has an outstanding full-time faculty opportunity for a board eligible/certified physician BC/BE faculty member to develop a Headache Program at UC Irvine Medical Center. The academic appointment is expected to be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the Health Science Clinical Series. Salary will be commensurate with training and experience.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong interest and commitment to the care of patients with headache, and will participate in specialty and interdisciplinary clinics at the University campus in Irvine and other UCI Health sites. Candidates should be highly motivated and collaborative, and will combine outstanding clinical care with an academic commitment to teaching and/or clinical research. An interest in developing a clinical trials program is preferred.
Substantive inquiries about the positions should be directed to:
Claire Henchcliffe, MD DPhil, FAAN FANA
Dr. Stanley van den Noort Endowed Chair in Neurology
Department of Neurology
- An M.D., M.D./Ph.D., D.O., or equivalent degree with active board certification or eligibility in Neurology with fellowship training in headache.
- Eligibility to obtain an active and unrestricted medical practice license to practice in the State of California.
- Qualified to hold a faculty appointment in the Department of Neurology and hold medical staff privileges with the UCI Medical Center.
- Rank and academic track will be commensurate with candidate experience and credentials.
- Dedication to patients, their families, and providing excellent service.
- Interest and experience in working in a collaborative comprehensive neurosciences center.
- Active involvement with international, national, and/or regional professional societies preferred.
- Interests in teaching and/or clinical research/clinical trials.
TO APPLY: Please log onto UCI RECRUIT located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06822
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
- Contact Information for 3-4 References
For more information about the Department of Neurology, click here.
M.D., or M.D./Ph.D., D.O. from an accredited institution with appropriate training and experience, postgraduate clinical training, and eligibility for one of the medical specialty boards. Candidate must demonstrate teaching ability or have a clear potential as a clinical teacher.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.