Open date: July 1st, 2021
Next review date: Friday, Oct 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications are invited for Visiting Assistant Professors (VAPs), renewable up to three years, in all areas of mathematics. VAPs teach no more than five quarter classes per year. Strong promise in research and teaching is required. Appointments will be effective July 1, 2022, or later. Applicants must possess a Ph.D. in Mathematics or related field by employment start date.
Completed applications must be submitted through http://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06850 and must contain:
(1) Cover letter
(3) Research statement
(4) Teaching statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement: https://dtei.uci.edu/the-reflective-teaching-statement/
(5) Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement: https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/ieactivities/
(6) Teaching (TA) evaluations
(7) Selected reprints and/or preprints
(8) Three reference letters (at least one addressing teaching)
Please reference job #06850 in the subject line of all correspondence.
Applications are welcome at any time. The review process starts October 1, 2021 and will continue until positions are filled.
Teaching loads vary dependent upon funding.
Applicants must possess a Ph.D. in Mathematics or related field by employment start date.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Teaching Evaluations (Optional)
Selected Reprints and/or Preprints (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required
At least one letter of reference must address teaching.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.