Open date: July 30th, 2021
Next review date: Thursday, Sep 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Jun 1, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
School of Medicine
Department of Neurological Surgery
Position: Specialist Series, Open Ranks (Junior, Assistant, Associate, and/or Full)
The Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a full-time or part-time position in the Specialist series (Junior Specialist, Assistant Specialist, Associate Specialist and/or full Specialist) in the following fields: General Neurosurgery, Spine Surgery, Cerebrovascular, Functional Neurosurgery, Epilepsy, Movement Disorders,, Neuro-behavior, Neuromuscular Disease, Neuro-Oncology Neuro-Ophthalmology, Neuro-Otology, Neuropsychiatric Testing, Trauma, Pain Management.
Applications are being sought from degreed candidates with some laboratory research backgrounds, publications and specialized training. Preferred strong research background and/or experience and/or specialized training. Positions are dependent upon extramural funding. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on availability of support. Rank and compensation are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Must be able to work in office, clinical and laboratory environment. Health care and clinical experience is desired. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are highly favorable. Training will be provided to highly motivated individuals. Candidates must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
• Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks and projects at one time.
• Communication skills - Reads, writes, and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms.
• Organizational ability - Well-versed in data management. Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
• Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
• Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized medical software, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics.
To apply, please log onto UC Irvine’s recruitment site located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF06918
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for this position:
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement
Department of Neurological Surgery
University of California, Irvine
101 The City Drive
Building 200, Suite 210
Orange, CA 92868
Minimum Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.)
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research - A candidate’s statement should briefly describe the candidate’s research and creative activities. Statement length may vary, but the description should be succinct and broadly accessible. It is often helpful to write separate sections for each major strand of research/creative activity and to list the relevant publications (or other forms of output) in the relevant sections using the numbering system of the CV.
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 0-2 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.