Open July 19th, 2021 through Wednesday, Aug 18, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
If you apply to this recruitment by August 18th, 2021, you will have until August 19th, 2021 to complete your application.
Working under the leadership of the UCI History Project Site Director. The History Project Coordinator will help plan and execute professional development for local district history teachers at UCI, online, and in school districts across Southern California. We are seeking a candidate with experience creating professional learning opportunities that a) improve disciplinary-specific instruction, with particular attention paid to planning for historical literacy development; (b) increase teacher knowledge of the H-SS Framework and promote access to inquiry-based and culturally responsive materials for history instruction; (c) plan models that center civic education instruction in history classrooms.
• Bring knowledge of current research in world history and pedagogy and work with the Director and local teacher leaders in organizing professional development and creating curriculum that aligns to California’s History-Social Science Framework.
• Work with the statewide network to develop materials that allow teachers to implement the History-Social Science Framework.
• Work in partnership with multiple school districts, research centers at UCI and in California, and other relevant stakeholders
• Identify and reach out to new audiences, ie school districts, and develop partnerships and contracts between UCI and the district.
• Manage and update the UCI History Project website and support online resources.
• Complete a broad range of administrative tasks (ie. attend meetings, teaching materials, data entry, and management of registration fees for programming.)
Required: Ph.D. in World History and teaching experience.
Preferred: K-12 teaching experience and/or curriculum development expertise, experience engaging with digital humanities and social media for educational purposes.
Completed applications must be submitted electronically through https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06956 by August 18, 2021 and must contain:
1) Current CV
2) Letter of application detailing teaching experience, research interests, and experience that qualifies you for the position
3) Two letters of recommendation
4) Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement
Ph.D. in World History
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - Letter detailing teaching experience, research interests, experience that qualifies you for the position
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
- 2 letters of reference required
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.