Open date: July 26th, 2021
Last review date: Friday, Sep 17, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Cognitive Sciences has temporary part-time lecturer positions available in Fall 2021, Winter 2022, and Spring 2022.
The specific courses to be taught are part of our introductory quantitative methods sequence (PSYCH 10A and PSYCH 10B) and upper-division research methods sequence (PSYCH H111A/112A).
- PSYCH H111A/112A (Fall 2021): Topics covered include, at a minimum, the experimental method, A/B testing, a practical introduction to experimental design with a focus on understanding confounding and other threats to validity, and use of R or JASP for basic statistical analysis.
- PSYCH 10A (Winter 2022 and Spring 2022): Topics covered include, at a minimum, the basics of the R programming language, exploratory data analysis methods, and data visualization in R
- PSYCH 10B (Winter 2022 and Spring 2022): Topics covered include, at a minimum, the fundamentals of statistical models emphasizing linear model, again with a focus on conceptual understanding and model specification.
- Ph.D. in Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, or a related field
- Relevant and effective teaching experience at the college level.
- Prior experience teaching in one or more of the specified areas is desirable.
- Professional experience using these skills and methods in research is also desirable.
Salary is commensurate with experience with an approximate salary level of $8,000 (per course).
Interested candidates should apply online at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF07003.
Ph.D. in Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, or a related field
Relevant and effective teaching experience at the college level.
Cover Letter - Specify which course(s) you are interested in teaching and your relevant background.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Teaching Evaluations or Evidence of Teaching Impact - Teaching evaluations including statistical analysis OR other evidence of teaching impact.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.