Open date: December 2nd, 2021
Most recent review date: Friday, Apr 15, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications are invited for an Informatics Specialist – Full Stack Developer position in the Center for Biomedical Informatics (CBMI) at the Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (ICTS), the University of California, Irvine (UCI). The mission of the CBMI is to provide and innovate informatics solutions to facilitate clinical research, accelerate results translation, and engender the transformation of hospitals and clinics into a learning health system.
The incumbent for this full-time position must have a strong background in web development, SQL, and information systems for processing, querying, and analyzing health datasets (e.g., i2b2/SHRINE, GIS, commonly used natural language processing systems such as Apache cTAKES™). Prior experience with Amazon Web Services and FHIR® is desired, though not required. Prior experience working at an academic medical center is strongly preferred.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of Dr. Kai Zheng, Professor of Informatics and Emergency Medicine, Chief Research Information Officer of UCI Health Affairs, and Director of the Center for Biomedical Informatics at the UCI Institute for Clinical and Translational Science. The main job location is the UCI campus in Irvine, California. However, the incumbent may work from remote.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related areas
• Expert knowledge in web development (frontend, backend, Restful API)
• Expert knowledge in SQL
• Expert knowledge in database administration and system/network administration
• Knowledgeable with querying and processing electronic health records (EHR) data
• Knowledgeable with unstructured EHR data such as free-text clinical notes
• Knowledgeable with Docker
• Knowledgeable with mobile app development (iOS and Android)
• Knowledgeable with Cloud-computing environments such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
• Experience with health data common data models, particularly OMOP
• Experience with controlled medical vocabularies used in OMOP, such as ICD-9/10, SNOMED-CT, CPT, and RxNorm
• Experience with Epic Clarity
• Experience with health information exchange standards (e.g., FHIR®)
• Experience with ETL tools, data mapping, and data validation
• Experience with biomedical research informatics tools such as REDCap
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated Resume.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.