Open March 30, 2022 through Saturday, Dec 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
The University of California, Irvine, seeks an Academic Coordinator for its Center for Healthspan Sciences under the direction of Dr. Mahtab Jafari. The Center will be a leading academic education and research center with the goal of improving human healthspan. This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical insurance, sick and vacation leave.
• Coordination of the Center’s educational and research activities
• Development of the content of the Center’s educational programs in the forms of monthly reports, project specific progress reports, and manuscripts.
• Coordination of the Center’s seminars
• Development of proposals for extramural funding
• Serving as the Center liaison with subject matter experts (i.e., scholars, authors, and speakers) and institutions in the public and private sectors
• Supervision of additional staff who would assist with Center activities
• Maintain and update the Center website
This position will remain open until filled.
• Extensive experience in scientific writing
• A bachelor’s degree and a combination of experience and education that is equivalent to the responsibilities of the position. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Expertise in using biomedical search engines to conduct extensive scientific and educational literature searches
• Strong organizational skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to conceptualize and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
Writing Sample(s) - Writing sample(s) that demonstrate expertise in writing comprehensive reviews of biomedical literature on a specific topic,
- 2-3 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.