Open date: May 9, 2022
Most recent review date: Friday, Sep 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Nov 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Pablo Lara-Gonzalez in the Department of Developmental and Cell Biology in the School of Biological Sciences at the University of California, Irvine. The Lara-Gonzalez lab studies the mechanisms of cell division and how these are impacted by developmental cues, using a variety of techniques that includes genomic editing, microscopy, biochemistry and proteomic analyses.
Areas of study available include:
1) Mechanisms regulating cell cycle decisions in development
2) Mechanisms of control of mitotic fidelity
More information about our research interests can be found at https://www.laragonzalezlab.com/
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and a recent graduate with a PhD or MD/PhD degree with strong academic training in cell biology, genetics and biochemistry.
• A PhD in life sciences (cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or a related area)
• A track record of excellent first author publications
• Research experience working with C. elegans and microscopy is preferred but not required
• Proven track record of troubleshooting and problem solving
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects in and bring projects to completion
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to learn new approaches and techniques
• Collaborative approach to science
For more information about this position, contact Dr. Pablo Lara-Gonzalez at email@example.com.
Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to the following on-line recruitment: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07511
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
UCI provides excellent support for postdocs (https://grad.uci.edu/about-us/postdoctoral-scholars/), which includes the development of leadership and teaching skills, career development, and full benefits. Several childcare services are available on campus. UCI campus is located at a driving distance to Los Angeles and San Diego, and 15 minutes away from the ocean.
Accepting all applicants
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.