Open date: June 30, 2023
Most recent review date: Monday, Jul 17, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Nov 30, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Position is available at the University of California, Irvine, Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics for a one year appointment, non-senate, Assistant Specialist.
The incumbent will work closely with the principal investigator to:
• Assist with running pipelines to analyze single cell genomics data
• Writing and running code in the R programming language
• Assist with data management and data cleaning
• Contribute towards team meetings, interpretation and presentation of results, and writing of a manuscript
Applicants should hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline.
The applicant should have previous experience with genetic analysis of whole exome sequencing, rare variant analysis, running analysis pipelines in Unix on a high performance compute cluster, programming in R programming language, and interpretation of results.
Applicants should possess:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Experience with medical research and scientific writing. Experience in health services research is desirable.
• Collaborative: performs as a team member with good interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills; detail-oriented
• Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team
Substantive inquiries about the positions should be directed to:
Assistant Professor Jing Zhang
Institute for Genomics & Bioinformatics
Department of Computer Science
University of California Irvine
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Sexual Misconduct, Harassment and Discrimination Declaration Form - All applicants of academic positions at the University of California, Irvine must download, complete, sign, and upload the following form with their application: Sexual Misconduct, Harassment and Discrimination Declaration Form
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.