This is recruitment for classroom teaching position available now in the Accelerated Certificate Program in Project Management. We are seeking qualified applicants possessing current knowledge and/or teaching experience in the topic of Project Management who can create an interactive and engaging learning environment for students.
For this program, international students come to the UC Irvine campus to take classes related to project management. For more detailed information about current ACP PM program and course descriptions, please visit http://ip.ce.uci.edu/programs/certificate-internship-programs/accelerated-certificate-programs-acps/acp-project-management/
Course topic for development and instruction: Project Scheduling Concepts and Techniques
PLEASE NOTE: All classes are on-ground, daytime classes that meet Monday–Friday on UCI campus
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Extension Business Programs Director as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
• Instructor must be qualified to teach project scheduling using different tools, including but not limited to the following: MS Project 2007 or later, Microsoft Excel, Open Proj, and other suggested computer-based project applications.
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Director as needed
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabi; posting bio and photo on the UCI Extension website; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
Our curriculum is constantly updated and tailored to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices to remain competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which can be immediately utilized in and applied to our students’ work environments.
Part-time, temporary assignments are on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part-time instructor applications all year long; when the division has a need to fill, we refer to the “pool” of applications on file. We are looking specifically for instructors who are qualified to teach the following course(s) as early as Fall 2017 quarter (beginning September 25).
Course Description: Project Scheduling Concepts and Techniques
This course allows participants to gain the necessary concepts and techniques that are needed to develop sound scheduling skills. A good schedule helps to establish realistic goals, meet project objectives, enhance credibility, and better manage the clients' expectations. Project managers must deliver results, meet requirements, and keep to agreed-upon time and cost constraints in order to ensure the success of their projects. A high priority must be placed on the ability to estimate and schedule project activities in order to meet competitive demands and support achieving business objectives. Learn to identify and use common scheduling and estimating terms and their correct definitions. Apply a wide range of scheduling techniques as referenced in the PMBOK® Guide and other accepted sources. PMBOK® is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute. Instructor must be qualified to teach scheduling using different tools, including but not limited to the following: MS Project 2007 or later, Microsoft Excel, Open Proj, and other suggested computer-based project applications.
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03973
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)