UC Irvine offers an Epilepsy Research Postdoctoral Fellowship.
The multidisciplinary program supports diverse approaches to understanding the fundamental neurobiological processes leading to epilepsy and its cognitive and emotional co-morbidities.
Participating laboratories include:
• Tallie Z. Baram, MD, PhD: Mechanisms of epileptogenesis: epigenetics, micro-RNA, in vivo electrophysiology and imaging, inflammation.
• Steven Cramer, MD: Functional imaging & robotics for identification and cure of excitotoxic and ischemic insults.
• Christine M. Gall, PhD: Neurotrophins, integrins, activity-dependent plasticity.
• Alan L. Goldin, MD, PhD: Sodium channels, transgenic approaches, electrophysiology.
• Robert Hunt, PhD: Epilepsy and cortical development, Stem Cells, interneurons.
• Claudia Kawas, MD, PhD: Epilepsy and morbidity in the aged.
• Jack Lin, MD: Epilepsy & cognitive problems, intracranial EEG, network analysis, human studies.
• Gary Lynch, PhD: Regulation of excitability and synaptic function and plasticity.
• Daniele Piomelli, PhD: Endocannabinoids in network plasticity; translational science
• Paolo Sassone-Corsi, PhD: Clock neurons and circadian rhythms, epigenetics
• Oswald Steward, PhD: mRNA translation at synapses-role in activity-dependent synaptic plasticity.
• John H. Weiss, MD, PhD: Calcium& zinc signaling, excitotoxicity, neuronal vulnerability, imaging.
• Marcelo Wood, PhD: Learning and memory and epilepsy, epigenetics
• Xiangmin Xu, PhD: Cortical inhibitory interneuron networks: novel imaging.
• Mike Yassa, PhD: Learning and memory, imaging .
These positions are funded by an NIH training grant (T-32) and salary is based on Kirschstein-NRSA postdoctoral scholar stipend levels.
Requirements: Eligible candidates must be U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or must be lawfully admitted for permanent residence. M.D. or Ph.D. degree is required and M.D. qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please visit the UC Irvine RECRUIT website located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04019
Interested applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Contact information for 2-3 references
More information about this recruitment: http://www.epilepsyresearch.uci.edu/
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2-3 required (contact information only)