School of Medicine
Department of Neurological Surgery Various
Position: Specialist Series, Open Ranks (Junior, Assistant, Associate, and/or Full)
The Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a position in the Specialist series (Junior Specialist, Assistant Specialist, Associate Specialist and/or full Specialist) in the following fields: General Neurosurgery, Spine Surgery, Cerebrovascular, Functional Neurosurgery, Epilepsy, Movement Disorders,, Neuro-behavior, Neuromuscular Disease, Neuro-Oncology Neuro-Ophthalmology, Neuro-Otology, Neuropsychiatric Testing, Trauma, Pain Management
Requirements – Applications are being sought from degreed candidates with strong laboratory research backgrounds, publications and specialized training. Positions are dependent upon extramural funding. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on availability of support. Rank and compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Must be able to work in office, clinical and laboratory environment. Health care and clinical experience is desired. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are highly favorable. Training will be provided to highly motivated individuals. Candidates must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
• Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks and projects at one time.
• Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms.
• Organizational ability - Well-versed in data management. Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
• Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
• Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized medical software, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics.
To apply, please log onto UC Irvine’s recruitment site located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04192
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Department of Neurological Surgery University of California, Irvine
101 The City Drive
200 Manchester, Suite 210
Orange, CA 92868
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required