Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
At the University of California Irvine’s Department of Continuing Education – Technology Programs, our mission is to provide the best technical professional development courses online. We are laser focused on inspiring our students to learn new technical coding skills and shaping the future for their success. We are passionate about our education programs that support our students to fulfil their career goals and we are empowered to help thousands of people learn online every day.
The University of California Irvine’s Department of Continuing Education is looking for a dynamic creative UX instructor to teach our new UX/UI course online.
We are searching for passionate industry professionals, with relevant industry experience. If you are looking to share and educate like-minded career changers on the amazing world of UX and UI design, this part-time position for you.
No former online teaching experience is necessary.
Minimum of 3 – 5 years of User Experience design is preferred, however, let your passion and industry knowledge be your guide.
This position will allow you to explore your current design knowledge and put your skills and know-how to the test.
Alongside our Programs Manager, you will be responsible for developing a challenging design program for students in 2018. The latest design methods, technologies and platforms will empower our students to learn how to become skilled technically sophisticated web designers.
You will be immersed in a dynamic online community of like-minded online learners, keen to explore the learning materials together, to develop new skills and become prepared for the next step in their career as a UX and UI designer.
If you love your UX job and are eager to teach other students online, in an interactive learning environment, this is the opportunity for you to educate other design minded learners, keen to learn all there is to know about:
• designing a website
• content hierarchy
• information architecture
• user profiles
• user experience research
• interactive design methods
• wireframing and more
• Works alongside The Director of Technology Programs to develop new course content for Spring 2018
• Designs and develops a UX/UI course that is 100% up to date, meeting the latest industry standards
• Skills up new students who have not had prior UX/UI experience before using the latest technologies and design tools
• Manages and delivers the course materials to students in an engaging thought-provoking manner in our online learning management system: Canvas
• Optimize and be flexible to change the course to suit the needs of your students and new technologies semester after semester
• Engage in meaningful online conversations and dialogue with your students online in the learning management system, supporting their learning objectives and career goals
• Diligently respond to students needs and questions during the course schedule
• Acts as a technical mentor guiding students on a technical journey of discovery
Course development: 80 hours
Commitment: 10 – 12 hrs a week for 12 weeks, every teaching quarter.
Course Description: Web Design Development Capstone Course
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04372
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information