The Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering is currently accepting applications for 1 Jr. Specialist to join the group of Professor Julie M. Schoenung. The successful candidate will work with Prof. Schoenung and her group to analyze data and prepare manuscripts for submission to scholarly journals. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the completion of progress reports on the process optimization and assisting in the write up of the progress summary on research results pertaining to the S&T maturation.
• Strong background in advanced materials processing and characterization
• Subject matter expert in metal additive manufacturing processes and materials
• Experience in directed energy deposition highly desirable
• Master’s Degree in Materials Science and Engineering
• Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks and projects at one time.
• Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms.
• Organizational ability - Well-versed in data management. Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
• Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
• Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized medical software, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics.
Salary starts at $18.26 an hour.
The preferred start date for this position is between March and April 2018.
Job location: Irvine, CA
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter - Outlining your interests and relevant skills and experience
References: 3 references required (contact information only)
Apply by submitting your application to our online RECRUIT system at: https//recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04513
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)