Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
This is pool recruitment for classroom teaching positions that may become available in the Accelerated Certificate Program in Business Administration (ACP BA). We are seeking qualified instructors with current knowledge and work experience in business administration who can create an interactive and engaging learning environment for students.
For this program, international students come to the UC Irvine campus to take classes related to business administration. For more detailed information about ACP BA, please visit http://ip.ce.uci.edu/programs/certificate-internship-programs/accelerated-certificate-programs-acps/acp-business-administration/. Course topics include: Essentials of Management, Communication in the Business Environment, Finance for the Non-Financial Business Person, Integrated Marketing Strategies for Today’s Business, Strategic Planning, and Entrepreneurship. All classes are on-ground, daytime classes that meet Monday–Friday.
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education Program Manager as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated syllabi; signing instructor contract; submitting required textbook orders; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of international student populations
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, off-site property tours, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
Part-time, temporary assignments are on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part-time instructor applications all year long; when the division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of applications on file.
To apply for this position, please click this link:
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
UCI DCE BIO HISTORY FORM- REQUIRED - Please complete the biographical history form by clicking this link: http://ce.uci.edu/pdfs/forms/dce-instructor-application.pdf.
Upload the completed form here as an attachment.
- 4 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information