Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Cancer Research Institute, University of California, Irvine
Faculty Positions, Multi-Department Initiative in Cancer Metabolism
The Cancer Research Institute at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is partnering with three of UCI’s top basic science departments, Biological Chemistry, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, on a research initiative in Cancer Metabolism. Faculty positions will be filled in each of the following areas: 1) a cancer biologist with experience in “Flux Metabolomics”, 2) a structural biologist with a focus on “Nutrient Sensing”, and 3) a chemoproteomics expert focused on “Drug Discovery & Action”. These positions will be appointed in one of three tenure track series at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor depending upon the specifications of each position (see below). Successful candidates will join a dynamic, collaborative program in cancer metabolism within the nationally recognized Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center - one of 49 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the U.S. Strong candidates with a PhD or MD/PhD degree and an outstanding postdoctoral track record of top-tier publications in cancer biology and metabolism are encouraged to apply to one of the following:
1) Assistant/Associate Professor in “Flux Metabolomics”: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04908
• The Department of Biological Chemistry in the School or Medicine is seeking candidates with expertise in Cancer Metabolism (mechanisms, regulation, and consequences of tumor cell metabolism including oncogenic metabolic adaptations and therapeutic vulnerabilities) and experience with Flux Metabolomics. More information and guidance for applicants can be found here.
2) Assistant Professor in “Nutrient Sensing”: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04912
• The Department of Molecular Biology & Biochemistry in the School of Biological Sciences is seeking candidates with expertise in structural biology and, ideally, in structure-guided drug discovery, to work in the area of membrane-bound and/or large, dynamic complexes involved in eukaryotic nutrient sensing. While the candidate need not have expertise in Cryo-EM, competitive candidates will have an interest in collaborating with newly-hired Cryo-EM faculty. More information and guidance to applicants is available here.
3) Assistant Professor in “Drug Discovery & Action”: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04906
• The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences is seeking candidates with expertise in chemoproteomics applied to drug discovery research. Applicants employing chemoproteomics specifically to profile activities in living cells, to identify targets for drug development, or to optimize the actions of existing drugs are preferred. Additional consideration will be given to applicants developing small-molecule probes to interrogate and control cancer metabolism. The candidate will have a PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related discipline. More information and guidance to applicants is available here.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. As a recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
References Requirement - Please include the contact information for current research mentor.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information